February 14, 2008

What's behind the refrigerator?

When I was a child, Mrs. Arnold asked me where my hat, gloves, and scarves were because it was winter out and cold.
I told her they were behind the refrigerator.
Concerned, she called my mother, and found out that in the place we lived, we could pull the refrigerator back and walk into this huge attic space that us kids stuffed with all kinds of stuff, mostly packed boxes with all the fillings pulled out. Basically, it was a mass mess, as I remember it. And it just so happened that we had all our winter items back there too.
Apparently, Mrs. Arnold thought we literally stuck our hats, gloves, and scarves behind the actual refrigerator and thought it'd be a fire hazard!

Well, just the other day, I was in the mood to clean the kitchen and rolled my refrigerator out of the way, so I could sweep back there and found about seven hair ties, which I've been looking for everywhere, and I also found a grey mouse!

Luckily, it was a fake cat toy mouse for the cats, that Natalie and I got.
Still scares us every time we see it!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Why'd you move your refrigerator again?

I don't think I got in as much on the behind the fridge mischief as you other girls did. What'd I miss?

Tina in CT said...

I shutter to think what's behind my refrigerator!!!!

Cecelia said...

That's one of my favorite stories to tell. I'm trying to think of a story to tell tomorrow at church for the children about trust. Can you help me? Their favorite stories are the ones about you kids when you were young. The parents can't believe all the things you guys did. And survive, too!

Natalie said...

thats funny, That attic was so cool, can you imagine how cool it could still be, like a finished basement, we could have had a finished attic which would have given us another 2000 sq. ft. to play. It was the entire length of the nursing home, it was huge! And really exciting! That dumb mouse DOES scare me every time.

Shannon said...

oh, Mom!

What about the time Natalie and Francie tied sheets together and Francie dropped Natalie out my 2ns story bedroom window (or, was it the other way around?) Ask one of them about it... I bet that would work.

Shannon said...

That Apt was one of my favorite places to live. I was just telling someone the other day that I "lived" in a nursing home. They wern't sure what to think of me. What a fun place it was.