February 12, 2008

The worst work week ever - Thursday

Left early due to the weather. Not much sleep and they don't have liquid creamer for the coffee at the office, so I had to settle for the powered stuff.
I had a pounding head-ache all week and I thought I was getting sick.

Today is inspection day for building 8. Hadn't heard from the pest company, so I called them up and was not very happy! I didn't get in touch with anyone, so I kept calling and finally got through and the lady said that they had called the day before. OPEN MOUTH, INSERT FOOT! So, got off the phone and asked Madam B is they had called the day before and she said, yes, they're coming on Monday." I was so mad that she didn't tell me, but had to hold it in! "Why didn't you tell me that they called? I've been working on coordinating this all week?" "Oh, well, one of 5,000 calls yesterday..." Yeah, right! It was so slow yesterday that a turtle could have warped time!
I WAS SO MAD AT HER!
DID THEY NOT GET IT? I WAS THERE TRYING TO HELP THEM AND THEY WERE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE IT HARDER ON ME!

Another incident with the check boxes. She asked me if I had checked another box that day and I told her no. Then I asked her where they keys were and she told me that she had the key, the ONLY key to the box! How am I supposed to check the box, that I don't know of, when you have the only key? Seriously! Then, instead of checking it, she went and sat at her desk. I asked her if I could have the key and she handed me the 20+ keys on her keyring and I asked her which one it was that opened the box and she said she didn't know. "Maybe this one or that one!"

I'm sorry, but I may have a lot of keys on my key ring, but I've been here for two years and know which key goes where and she's been there for almost 6 years!

There was a deadline for corporate, so I had to ask Madam B to make copies and handed her the files and the list of what needed to be copied.
She got up and dumped the pile of files on my desk.
Then a few minutes later, I reminded her that I needed them done asap! She then told me that she was working on something else (which didn't have to be done) and told me that she was only one person and what did I expect her to do? "Madam B, this needs to be done before that does. Once this is complete, then you can work on that."

Even with the list of what needed copied, she not only had to do each file twice, but over half of them THREE times because I was checking each one and had to make sure they were done correctly.

Inspections didn't go well.

One more day to go...

No comments: