December 24, 2007

Scarfed out!

I'm currently making my brother, Ryan, a scarf for Christmas and let me tell you... my hands are so sore and cramped!
I think I have made almost everyone under the sun, a scarf or blanket for Christmas!
One for each of Rachael's kids, two for my mom, one each for my co-workers, and a ton more that I have to keep quiet until after Christmas!
I'm at work right now, I only have to work until 12 p.m. which is good because I have to make German Casserole for Christmas Day at Jason's mom's house, one vegetarian and one with real meat. It's actually kind of cool because his mom and aunt and uncle are trying vegetarian meals and I think this is a really good one and easy one too! So, I'm looking forward to them trying it out.
Oh, I'm feeling a bit better! I still have a cough and stuffy nose, but I'm feeling better. I can taste food and smell stuff now which is good (except for the whole kitty litter box I have to clean out...)!
Back to the scarf topic... I have a major problem with presents. Most of the time, when I get someone something, I have to get one for myself too! So, with all the scarves that I've made, I think I may have kept over half of them! I love them so much! I even made one with a pretty green yarn, it was kind of plain, but I really liked it! Then I noticed that Natalie had the same color of coat, so I gave it to her the weekend that Lori had Anthony. She accidentally left it at Rachael's and I saw Rachael wearing it (I first thought that Nat didn't like it and left it for Rachael, but found out that it wasn't on purpose) but Rachael wore it every day! Then Natalie came back this weekend and got it back. Then she left it in my car on Saturday, and left on Sunday without it!
I called her and told her that she left it in there, and that I should just let Rachael borrow it until she comes back, but Natalie told me not to, or else she won't ever get it back! So, Rachael wants one exactly like it!
I'm having a lot of fun this year, not having to deal with too much Christmas traffic because I've made so many of my presents this year and/or bought them ahead of time! I'm so stress-free that it doesn't really feel like Christmas, even though it's tomorrow!!!
Either way, Merry Christmas to all and for those of you who'd like a scarf, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVE my scarf. Thank you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tina in CT said...

I made a lot of my gifts this year (knitting and sewing) and was so stressed. I still have to finish sewing a dress or an American Girl doll but my daughter and the girls aren't coming until Jan. 2 from her in-law's in CO so I have some time left. My daughter is Moscowmom (Tamara that Rachel met with Katya in Moscow). Enjoy your holiday tomorrow with your family, Jason and his family. Your family is lucky to be getting handmade gifts from you.

Anonymous said...

I would sure love the recipe for the Vegetarian German casserole. Sounds great..
We have to scrap sometime. I will let you know when we head to Berrien next.

Anonymous said...

This is Julie who is anonymous.