December 7, 2007

Labor day

I didn't have to work today, which turned out good, because Lori told me that she was going to be induced today...
I decided to be here as much as possible and be here as supportive as possible. The first visit went well. Not much action. The doctor came in and gave her an epidural, then another doctor came in and broke her water. I, of course, left the room both times, although Lori told me to go anyway. I don't know how she expects me to be here when the baby comes, if I have to leave the room when other things happen! I've got to get used to this stuff soon!
Also, I realized that with all the pain Lori will be going through, I don't think I'll have any kids...
Well, that's the decision for now.
The second time I came over and Rachael answered the door and told me that Lori was in a lot of pain and they had to get a second epidural, so I waited outside the door for about 30 minutes, then got impatient and went to the waiting room. After another 15-20 minutes I called Rachael and she told me that she'd meet me down there.
At that time, I realized that Lori really was in a lot of pain... so, while I was a bit irritated about waiting 45 minutes after finding a terrible parking spot and then making my way all the way to the room and then having to do it all over again... but Rachael told me she'd call me when things cooled off.
This is now my third time here at the hospital and I brought some really cute Notre Dame baby booties and some candy to suck on (because Lori can't eat anything). And now, things are a lot better. She hasn't progressed much in the baby pushing plan, but at least there's no pain, now.
More later and believe me, I'll be taking a ton of pictures!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for the update! I feel really sorry for her. Hope this os all over soon enough.

Lori said...

I don't know which hour was worse, the one where the epidural quit working or the hour when I was pushing, both were pretty awful. Thanks for all your help, and I love the ND booties.