December 30, 2007

Christmas is over and the new year is just about here!

I think I mentioned this before, but it didn't really feel like Christmas this year, as much as I'm used to... so the day after, I took down my tree and all the decorations. I felt pretty good about having my house back and not watching the cats claw the trunk of my fake Christmas tree (which made it look a little more real) but annoying...
I'm sure, by now, now that it's almost 11 p.m. and they left around 10 a.m., that Lori and Rachael are home now. I had the fun job of taking care of Rachael's bunny and kitty, feeding, watering, and giving them a little love. Not too hard.
But I sure did miss them! I had to con Jason into hanging out with me most of the time, because my whole family was gone and I didn't have anyone to hang out with!
Today, we had intentions of watching a movie, but ended up going to the store to buy something to wear for New Year's Eve in Chicago!
Yup, we're going to Chicago for New Year's Rockin' Eve with my friend Betsy and her husband, Steve. Tonight I've been looking online for information for the train, because I've never taken the train (that I can remember) in the U.S. (I took the train a lot in London). And I'm really excited! I've had to build the case with Jason...
1. We won't have to deal with traffic.
2. We won't have to pay for parking.
3. I won't have to have a sore foot when driving stick shift in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
4. We won't have to worry about stupid drunk drivers!!!
I think we're also planning on going to Navy Pier for the count-down which should be pretty fun. I heard they were having fireworks too!

I'm pretty excited. I think the only other fun thing I've done on a New Year's Eve was go to Portland, Oregon... fun, except for the fact that there was a small riot! Now, THAT was scary and got scarier, when me and my friend were trying to get out of there, she's trying to video tape the whole thing and then she couldn't remember where she parked!!!

Hopefully, this year will be WAY better!
I'll fill you all in later.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

So does this mean you're not going to Aunt Kate's party?

You took your tree down already?!

Shannon said...

I'm taking my tree down today.

Have fun.

Lori said...

being outside for an extended period of time in the freezing cold with a predicted 6 inches of snow in the windy city does not excite me in the least, but you have fun and tell us all about it when you get back.