May 31, 2007

Comcast sucks!

Can I vent here a bit? I hope you don't mind, and if you do, then don't read this...

I work at an apartment community. Two actually with almost 400 apartments.

Comcast is the only cable provider for our residents, unless they get dish (which they can only get if they have a patio or porch, which totals about 42 apartments).

The week of May 13th, the Comcast guy comes in, says he needs the vendor keys to get into the laundry room to hook up some one's cable. Then he tells me that they don't want to come the whole 1/2 to 3/4 mile to our one office for the keys and expect us to drop everything to meet them at the other community and stay there while they complete their duties and then come back to the office... out of the question!

He said, well, can we have a copy of the keys? I told him absolutely not! He then signed the keys out and left around 3:30 p.m. then brought back the keys at 5:40 p.m. for a 30 minute job! So, I called customer service and spoke with them for about an hour about this guy! I was pissed! How do we know he didn't go make some keys? What was he spending all the time on? The lady told me that she needed his badge number and name. Well, I have his first name, but he told me he didn't have his ID (he's been in here a few times before).

She told me that they should have their Comcast ID on them at all times!

The next day, the same guy came in... I asked for his badge, and he didn't have it with him. "Well, I'm not giving keys to you then." I said. "I don't even have it in my truck, it's at home" he told me. I said, "Sorry". "So, you're saying that you won't let me hook some one's cable up for them and they're going to have go all weekend without cable because you won't give me the keys?" "yes". "Well, I guess I'll just have to put 'no entry' on this call, then". "Okay. have a nice day!"

I called and complained again.

The week of May 20th, yet another two Comcast guys don't have their Id's. Sorry. No keys for you! One of them lost his two years ago and the other broke his and is waiting for a replacement (so where's the broken one? Huh?).
So, as the "broken badge" guy left, I called Comcast to complain. While I was on the phone with them, the guy comes back with the resident and says that he's been working with the resident for THREE YEARS and so I turn to the resident and ask, "What's this guys name?" The resident didn't know. So, I ask the Comcast guy his name (while I'm still on the phone with customer service) and he said, "If you're not going to let me into the laundry room to hook up the service, then it's none of your damn business!" And yes, the customer service lady heard the whole thing, and it was being recorded (ha-ha)! So, the lady asked to talk to the guy... they went at it for a while and then he left and they sent another person with ID to finish the job...

May 25, 2007: Today, a Comcast guy was waiting at the door at 9 a.m. to get keys, all good. At around 2 p.m. the exterminator needed keys and we then realized that we didn't have them back yet! I had my co-worker call Comcast immediately! They couldn't help us out and she was on the phone for about 30 minutes, then I got on the phone. I told the person that we needed the keys immediately and she said that she'll have to find something out and then get back with me. I asked her how long it'll take and she said 1 hr! I told her that we weren't waiting an hour and that I'd be calling the police!
So, I called the police, an officer came over and we spoke with Comcast again and waited (over the hour's time, and they never did get back with us!)
Finally the guy brought back the keys around 5:30 p.m. (he had forgotten they were in his pocket) but I was livid! How did we know that they weren't bad and not going through all the apartments with those keys?

So, there you have it... I vented.
This also should answer the question from the questionnaire Rachael sent me in reference to the last time I dealt with the po-po's.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

You are so head strong once you get your mind set on something. I know its the principle that they should be wearing a name tag... a little too far? maybe not but I can garantee the men who forgot their name tag eighter found theirs or got a new one (if they managed to keep their job). All I can say is they have NO IDEA who they have crossed. lol

Francie said...

I've gotten questions on this one and so I just want to let everyone know that we have to give them the keys or else they wouldn't be able to hook up the cable for the residents. And no, the residents can't let them into the broiler room in the laundry room in order for them to hook it up themselves.

Anonymous said...

I agree- Comcast does suck. If your Comcast’s not working for you (which apparently it isn't), you should try this great new email provider that my friend just got me hooked on. It's called BigString (http://bigstring.com), the new free webmail program. It offers revolutionary features. When you send mail from your BigString free email account, you are protected. BigString is like an automatic shredder for your email. You can self-destruct or change an email that's already been sent or read. Don't leave your messages sitting in peoples' inbox forever.
Try it! Enjoy :)