May 20, 2007

Mani/Pedi

Most of you out there have gotten a manicure/pedicure, right? I was planning on going today, and told my friend, Missy, who decided to join me... then on the way, she called her sister-in-law, Mona, to join us too. I signed us all in at 4:10 p.m. and we picked out our colors and waited... after a bit, we were seated in manicure chairs waiting for the pedi chairs. Mona got hers first, then Missy, then me. Mona got started, then Missy, and I waited. Mona then moved on to her mani, Missy's toes were almost done, and I still waited... at around 6 p.m. I got my feet in the water.
Missy and Mona left to play golf and I finally got my toes done around 7 p.m. almost to tears because I had to wait so long!
Needless to say, I did not get my mani and I left so sad.
I was so angry, too! But it wasn't the fault of the pedicurist! But I'm going to be calling the manager tomorrow.
I'm not the kind of person to create drama or a scene, and I'm not sure if that's cowardess or not, but I know I don't like being in a place when someone else does it...
What do you guys think? Should I have? Am I too nice?
What would you do?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

The same thing (well not quite that bad) happened to Lori and I the last time we went there. They said 10 minutes, but it was more like an hour sitting in that chair before we got started. The only thing that keeps me going back to that place is the good price -- can't beat $23 bucks for a good pedicure. (You know what else I don't like about that place -- they leave the wet towel under your feet while they're putting the polish on -- I think it would really improve the whole experience by putting a new/dry towel under your feet for that part. So if you do call and complain, can you mention that one for me too, because I would never call myself to complain).

Shannon said...

Oh the lives of polished toes. I have only ever had it done ONCE! If you ask me though, you should have gotten your nails done while you waited on your friends to have their toes done. I feel really bad for you though, cause if it were me, I would have cried. especially if I had waited that long and then my friends left without me to go play golf. I'm just sensative like that.

Lori said...

When I went with Rach, she got done way before me, so when they finally did finish I decided to skip the dry time under the heat lamp and chance it, then getting into my car I smudged 3 toes!! Oops. Then I had to hang my head as I went back in and begged them to fix it. Luckily they were very nice about it.