May 22, 2007

So, I guess I'm tagged!

Rachael had this brilliant idea to 'TAG' me... so I'm going to have to figure out eight random things about myself that not too many people know...
I'll start thinking about these things...
1. I have my clothes in my closet color coordinated: white, yellow, orange/peachy, pinks/reds/maroons, purple, blue, green, grays, browns, and then blacks.
2. When I get excited, I rub my hands together and make a squealing noise!
3. I haven't made my bed more than 3 times in the last 6 months!
4. I have to be honest here... I'm a closet perfectionist. I could have dishes in the sink and on the counters, but have all the cabinets organized. Or have all my underwear garments folded in the dresser, but have the sock drawer completely disastrous! (in fact, I don't really have a sock drawer, they're just all mixed in with other stuff).
But when I have to clean, I clean good. I don't just use cleaning products, but I have to organize all the drawers, storage bins, cabinets, closets, etc.
5. I alphabetize all my DVDs (about 200 or so of them too!).
6. I am an aggressive, yet extremely safe driver. Someone was going 30 mph in a 50 mph hour last night and made me so angry! Although when I was actually able to pass them, I never went over the speed limit! I also hate those who leave their blinkers on, or slow down every time there's a place to turn...

In reply to my two comments at this time... I told y'all that I'd be thinking about them! So, I guess I have the last two now...
7. I'm have an addictive, yet ADD personality... (don't worry, I'll explain...) Basically, I got into scrap booking, then got distracted... I got into reading books back to back, then got distracted... I got into decorating with Americana colors, then went to reds and neutrals (cream and brown)... I got into not drinking soda, then changed my mind... I used to play Solitaire every night before bed, but now I just watch Law and Order reruns... etc. (I'll update this post when I think of more). (Oh, yeah, I also watch Matlock almost every lunch break I come home for lunch! I haven't gotten ADD on Andy Griffith!)
8. Jason helped me with this one... I like ketchup with my grilled cheese. I didn't think this was ever weird until I met Jason, who now calls me a "hillbilly" because of this... then I started asking around. My friends, colleagues, and even some random people, and believe it or not, most people don't eat ketchup with their grilled cheese sandwiches!! Crazy!

So, there's the big eight for ya!
I'm sure if I think of more, I'll add more later, so keep checking it, okay?

05.25.2007
I've been thinking more about this and thought of another one...
9. I hate food that gets stuck in my teeth (but sometimes eat it anyway). Corn on the cob, popcorn, coconut, nuts, celery, etc.
10. Like Rachael, in reference to if I were in a coma..., when my eye lids open up, they cover my makeup, so, if I were in a coma, make sure that I have nice looking eye shadow on my lids...

05.31.2007
Lori thought of another one for me...
11. I can't order anything straight of the menu. This happens once a year or so...
It's usually something like, "I'd like the La Majer with the bean burrito, no meat, no cheese on top with extra red sauce and guacamole on the side." Or, "I'd like the pasta with marinara, but I don't want spaghetti noodles, I want penne" (because I don't like how the spaghetti slips and splashes on my face and clothes) "and I also want half with marinara and the other half with Alfredo sauce..."

4 comments:

Rachael said...

only 6?

Shannon said...

HUMPH! you so cheated us out of two more.

Shannon said...

Thats funny! I eat ketchup on my grilled cheese too! Ya know they write country songs about people like us... "You can take the girl out of the Honkey-Tonk but you can't take the Honkey-Tonk out of the girl". lol at least we clean up well. Right?!

Shannon said...

PS:
ADD? try being me. books back to back? I'm good with getting through just one. Decorating problems? I'm still hoping to finish painting the inside walls and ceilings this summer (and the stairs) never mind having to focus on the yard before summer is over.
and scrapbooking? I have about 50 starter pages. at least you got a book or two done:)