October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

I went over to Rachael's house last night to eat whatever they had left of dinner, 'cause honestly, I didn't want to go home and make something for just one person! And she told me she made some yummy pasta with mushrooms and stuff, so I figured, I'd eat the rest of it, so she didn't have to put the leftovers in the fridge, just to be forgotten and thrown out later... I'm just a helpful person like that...
But let me tell you this, she made me work hard for what I got! I had to help the kids carve pumpkins. It was pretty fun, though!
Ben was really funny, cause I told him that he'd have to dig out the insides of the pumpkin and then we could carve it! Just the look on his face when he had to actually touch all that gross stuff was priceless! I don't think either Rachael or I got a great picture of his facial expressions, but I don't think I could forget it! It looked kinda like the picture below but with his nose crinkled a bit more and him saying words such as "ew!" and "GROSS!"

Jack, of course, was all into the mess! He had such a good time!

I'm sure Rachael will post pictures of the finished products sometime soon. So, make sure you go over to her blog and take a look!

4 comments:

CATHY said...

How fun. I remember when all my kids were still home, every year we would clean the pumpkins out after Halloween, bake the seeds and I would can the pumpkin. Made fresh pumpkin pies every year for the holidays...those were the good ole days.

Tina in CT said...

I'm sure dinner was delicious and pumpkin carving was lots of fun. You girls are so lucky to live near each other. It's so wonderful how close all of you are with one another. Not all sibblings share such a bond.

Rachael said...

Oh, you should have posted the final product! I've got so many things I should blog and just never get to. Maybe I'll post pumpkin pics with the Halloween ones.

Natalie said...

I cant wait to make pumpkin seeds. Im sparing every last one!