November 12, 2008

Twilight = Amazing!

If you don't want to spend an entire week, reading a series of four books, then stop reading, now! My sister, Rachael, told me about this book series by Stephenie Meyer. She told me that I would love these books and she had all four of the books which combined probably totals about 2,500 or so pages. I have read many of her suggested books in the past and have not been disappointed, I just didn't realize that I would be sucked in as much as I was! I started the first book and ended the fourth book of the series in about 8 days. I couldn't put them down! It was an obsession of some kind. I got up early to read. I brought my book to work to read on my breaks and whenever I had spare time. I didn't want to eat, sleep, or watch TV or movies so I could read these books. A few times I even chose the books to read over spending time with Jason! (Sorry, Jay!)
Stephenie is such a phenomenal writer. She's amazing at setting the tone, describing the characters, and telling a story.
I'm not going to tell you about the books, because you probably know already that the movie on the first book comes out in 9 days, and I can't wait!
If you haven't already, pick up this first book and read it. I went through the entire four-book series knowing only a few things about them and it made for an incredible week!
If you want to find out more, check out this website!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Okay, I must get book #1 from Rach and read it so we can all go see the movie together.

CATHY said...

I am not sure if I want to get hooked on another series of books. I was into Bev Lewis' when I worked part time at the bookstore. That is how I passed the time when I first started this job, we were so slow, he allowed me to bring reading material. That's all I did tho...so, I am hesitant to get into those books, I have so much sewing to do....hmmm

Natalie said...

I KNEW Lori would ask for it first!

Teen : } said...

Hey there. Are they that good? My son's girlfriend is on the 4th book also. She even got my son to read two of the four. They said it was so good that they bought it for my 13 year old daughter. I thought it would be inappropriate so they took it back. Even my neighbor and niece have this book. Crazy how popular it is.