November 21, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

This morning I woke up with with the news and one of those bars on the bottom of the TV screen showing which schools were closed and which were delayed. I figured I better hurry up and get ready for work and go there early, just in case. We got almost a foot! I couldn't pass up taking this picture just outside my door this morning.
This is the snow-covered wall of ivy growing next to my garage.

Here you can see how deep the snow looked from the view inside my garage. If I didn't have to drive in the stuff, I'd think it was mighty pretty!
This is the view from inside my car of how high the snow was - level with my car door jamb.

Here's the view of my street from inside my car, while I was driving to work. Again, if I didn't have to drive in it, it'd look a LOT prettier!

4 comments:

Elle J said...

This reminds me of one of my favorite winter movies: Grumpier Old Men! "We're having a heat wave ..." LOVE the movie and I LOVE your snow!! Drive carefully and enjoy when you arrive. :)

Tina in CT said...

Isn't it early for all that snow and it's not your first snow either?

I am so upset as it looks like I won't be able to go to your mom's tomorrow from the snow that is forecast. I'm waiting until later in the day to see the weather.

CATHY said...

Absolutely gorgeous Francie. I am so jealous. We are planning to go to Tahoe next month, I hope we get some snow up there. We are renting Dr. Miller's cabin, just plan on relaxing etc.

CATHY said...

Absolutely gorgeous Francie. I am so jealous. We are planning to go to Tahoe next month, I hope we get some snow up there. We are renting Dr. Miller's cabin, just plan on relaxing etc.