November 6, 2008

Farewell to Michael Crichton

I just heard this morning that Michael Crichton has passed away. I'm not the best person to write about what he meant to me in my past reading experience, but I do know that it has me saddened. My sister, Rachael, has given me a number of good Crichton books since I was a teenager and I am currently in the middle of one of his first books "A Case of Need".

I remember reading Congo and watching movies such as Jurassic Park and other thrillers...

I also remember being 13 or 14, sitting in on the floor in my living room in Amarillo, Texas watching the first episode of ER and thinking that this was going to be a great series!

So, raise your glasses, my friends, and say farewell to the man behind the books we love and the movies and TV shows we watch that he created!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

He is one of my favorites authors. I read all of his old classics when I was a teenager and in college, i.e. pre-ER, Jurassic Park fame. In fact, one of his lesser known books: The Great Train Robbery is one of my faves of all time. If you haven't read it, you must borrow it from me. I know you'd like it.

Really sad, and surprising news.

CATHY said...

Yes, he will be remembered for his contributions to those who were able to see his writings come to life.

Anonymous said...

He had cool book covers. hehe