November 4, 2008

Election Day

Due to Daylight Savings Time, it was easy to wake up early this morning. I had my alarm set for 8 a.m. but the sun turned on in my room a little after 7 and I decided to go vote. I brought my really good book (Thanks, Rachael!) Eclipse with me, so I could be entertained in the super long lines and I headed to the Library.
Well, since the Secretary of State never sent me the information on where to vote, I went to where most people said to go, until of course they told me I was supposed to go to some Zion church! "Wait, what's all this stuff about Church and State?" I asked the guy. "Oh, it's okay." He replied as if there's no issue...
So, I got back in my car and headed to a church to vote for my candidates. I guess it would be a good thing that I just walked right in and voted. No line. But for the fact that my book is really good! Just ask Rachael, if you don't believe me! And the only time I opened the book was to put in my "I Voted" sticker in it, so I could put it on my work clothes, later.
All in all, the voting thing went well. Didn't have to wait in any line. And I got home before 8 a.m. in time to watch more TV news on the election and watch Obama vote in Chicago.
It does kinda suck a little bit, because my state is a Democratic state, so does it really matter which I vote? Oh, well. At least I'm able to say either "Oh, well I actually voted for this President!" Or "Um, I didn't vote for this guy! Not my fault!" Ha-ha!

4 comments:

CATHY said...

Like you said, at least you voted.
I am still in bed this morning, thinking about it all, wondering who will win. I think I am going to vote for Pat Paulson, do you remember him? He was on the Smothers Brothers, do you even know who they are?

Lori said...

I read in USA Today that government employees were excused/allowed to come to work 3 hours late or leave 3 hours early in order to vote.
Then there is a company in Atanta (Elderman Public Relations) that lets you take as much time off work as you need to vote, and if you bring back an "I voted" sticker you could trade it in for a free 15 minute chair massage.

Guess what I got for voting? Absolutely nothing, and like you said, doubt my vote was worth anything, the state of MI is pretty much already decided.

Tina in CT said...

I went tonight to vote for Obama and it took me longer to park and walk in than to actually place my Democratic vote.

Natalie said...

I'm so ready to be done with this voting stuff. I don't want to know if Obama gets elected, I will just close off anything political for the next 4 years.