August 13, 2008

County fair photos

Last night, Rachael called me, begging me to come out to the fair to help her with the kids (plus one the neighbor boy). After she told me she'd buy me a veggie corn dog, I was on my way!

(BTW: these pics are out of order because blogger won't let me move them right now, so I'll fix them later...) Here's Ben on a John Deere Tractor - the fair has a ton of John Deere's and then a lot of "other" tractor-like machines that are NOT JD. Ben was telling me that he knows all about John Deere tractors and diggers. I think I'm going to have to believe him, too!
Here he is, trying to figure out how to start this one.
I think he liked this one a lot. He even climbed up there himself!
Ben and I were in these little old cars, and the one in front of us stopped and wouldn't budge, so we got stuck behind them and eventually had three behind us! The guy, finally, just had us get out.
Here are the kids.
This is the most terrifying ride ever! Katya wanted me to go with... it was just terrible! I thought I was going to be sick, and freaked out... but didn't show it, so Katya didn't call me a baby! Ha-ha!
This is the fair from the view on the top of the Ferris wheel. It was awesome to see so much from up there!
Katya climbed up on this tractor machine, as if she were a mountain climber! A little later, there was a little boy that had climbed up on a tractor and this guy came over and started yelling and swearing at him to get off! And his dad was right there, but the guy was yelling at the kid! He was crying for almost 30 minutes! I saw and at the time was watching all five kids, while Rachael was getting Derrick some lemonade, so I did a "huddle" with the kids and told them not to look now, but there was a guy under the tent that was not very nice and that they should NOT climb on any more machines... so, of course, they all turn around to look, and then Kristen points over there and says, "that guy, right there?" YES! But don't point right at him!!!

Here is Katya after a harsh ride in the bumper cars.

We're waiting in line for a ride here. And the ride was one that you go inside and just lean against the wall, not strapped in, and then it spun us around so fast that you're practically stuck to the wall. It made me a little sick, too.
Katya, Rachael, and Kristen
Katya, Jack, and Ben eating ice cream.
This is Ben "driving" me in the old style car.
Ben and his favorite "Papaya"! (For some reason, papaya is his favorite word to say... when I ask him what he wants to do, he'll say "let's make a papaya!" When he means a pie or something like that. I think I will assume that since papaya is his favorite word, than I am his favorite Auntie!
This is Katya standing in front of that scary ride that goes around and around and then leaves you upside down many, many, too many times! It was terrible! And the guy didn't even check that our seat belts were fastened!
Me and Katya
Ben driving Rachael in the bumper cars.
Ben wanted me to go with him on this slide thing... It was also a little scary because we actually caught some wind, twice!
I did have a lot of fun, through all the terrifying rides... I think maybe I'm just not as brave as I used to be!

5 comments:

CATHY said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
I am going to Disneyland in Sept. I am so excited, that is my favorite place in the world...but then I haven't been out of Cali that much. :)

Tina in CT said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun. I would not have even
gone on that ride. You were brave.

Anonymous said...

You are the best aunt ever!!! :)

Rachael said...

Good pics, Fray!

Thanks for rescuing me at the fair!

Natalie said...

Wow, you should never be that high in the air on something portable! What were you thinking, didnt mom teach you anything?