April 11, 2008

Islands in the stream...

Just imagine: you're in the car, flipping through radio stations, when you come across one of those old songs that you just love! This happened to me yesterday around noon. I turned the radio to 102.3 (for those of you who want to listen to it) and "Islands in the stream" with Dolly Parton and some guy was just ending, but just my luck, it came on right after! I was so excited and pumped it up and sang to my hearts content.
Well, just as that song ended, it came on again! Okay, now I know the radio has really screwed up, but it's okay, I love this song!
So, I listened to the song another time, and then had enough.
3 p.m. - On my way back from where I was, I turned on that station again, just to see if that song was still on... yes! I just couldn't stop laughing! I figured someone tried to skip out on their shift at the radio station and they are going to get busted!
8 p.m. - On my way to my friends house to watch American Idol (I can't believe that Australian hunk left!) that song was still on! I just couldn't stop laughing and laughing hard!
9 a.m. - This morning, when leaving the Y (Lori and I pumped some iron... she is so hardcore! Oh, and I've lost a total of 13 pounds now!) I turned on the radio to that station and heard the last bit of a conversation between two DJ's and they were saying how they can't wait until they can stop playing that song and start the new radio station, but until then, the song was growing on them! So, apparently, they're playing the song, over and over, and over again, until another company takes over. Or maybe, as the song goes, they were merging together!

Islands in the stream, that is what we are, no one in between... Yes, now I can't get the song out of my head!

7 comments:

Lori said...

After you had me listen to it, it is now stuck in my head. I never changed the station, so all the way home from the YMCA I listened to it over and over again.
I have to admit it is a good idea, now we will keep checking back to see if it's still on.

~ V ~ said...

That is hilarious!

WTG on your progress!

Rachael said...

Hey, way to go on the 13#!!! I thought when I saw you last it looked like at least 10.

At least they picked a good song! (In a warped sort of way.)

Tina in CT said...

You are doing so well with your new fitness and eating program! Congrats!

Dana said...

From what I read, it's a promo stunt...they're changing 102.3 to another format.

http://tinyurl.com/5us38m

I actually thought someone was playing a practical joke on me with a small MP3 player and FM transmitter.

At least we have a lot of other good rock stations around here. :)

Natalie said...

Oh thats so funny. I would have listened to it all day if it had been me and a song that I really like.

Shannon said...

In second grade a boy dedicated that song to me. I have always been partial to that song.