April 9, 2008

Finally! Apartment pictures!!!

Here's my apartment!
So, let's get this out of the way first... Yes, the refrigerator is yellow! Or as I used to say at the apartments I worked at: Garden Yellow!
These first two pictures are when I went to see the apartment. This is obviously the kitchen.

This is what I have done so far. The rest of the house is put together, mostly, with all the furniture, but I haven't put much of the decorating in order, yet.
My friend, Betsy's sister and brother-in-law make cabinets for a living and I've sent them the measurements to make me either a butcher block for these two shelves I put together (to add cabinet space) or a nice piece of glass.
There's not much cabinet space, so this works out really well!

I got somewhat lucky and don't start at Whirlpool until the 14th, so I have this week off and have used the time by putting together my apartment, watching movies, getting my taxes done, and a bunch of other random stuff.

Oh, and by the way, it's an upstairs apartment, which means that I have to go up 17 stairs to my apartment and down 17 stairs, so if you're wondering if I've worked out, I have!
I'm going to the Y tomorrow with Lori, so I'll weigh myself, but I'm not quite sure what it'll show, because it's been hard to keep on a good food schedule with half the kitchen stuff at one place and the other half at another place.

So, tell me what you think!
Oh, and I'll add more pictures, when I get more done in the place. (And I have 5 windows! I love it and it's so bright and more downtown and the cats love the windows too!)

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Looks good so far! Big improvement from when I was there the other night! Seems like you're making good use of your time off.

Now that I can sew, maybe I can make you some pillows or curtains.

Natalie said...

looks great France, Good job. Kinda fun staying at home all day, even if your are working hard on your house, huh?!

Tina in CT said...

Looks very cute. Good that you have the week off to get settled.

Cecelia said...

It looks like a cute apartment. Sounds like moving wasn't too much fun going up and down those stairs.

Lori said...

The apt looks cuter with your stuff in it. I can't wait to see it all done.

I like the door ways, and the kitchen sink area looks pretty cool too. Not much for storage, but otherwise cute.