October 26, 2007

Stop Scratching!

Almost three and a half weeks ago, I started scratching my arm... didn't realize it would last this long and continue to my entire body.
I don't know what it is, but it sucks! I have to wear long sleeves and high cut neck lines and it's not always cold outside, or at work, and it sucks!
I've spoken with a few doctors on the issue and have yet to hear what the problem is... I've tried (and beware, there's going to be some misspelling's here...) Benedryl, Clariton, Hydrocortozone cream, and Pregnozone. I haven't changed anything major. No new soap, lotion, food, laundry soup, dryer sheets, shampoo, etc.
I don't know what it is but I have a feeling I may be allergic to something. My friend, Betsy, is allergic to peppers. Black pepper, bell peppers, hot peppers, etc. Every time she eats one, she gets itchy, then bumps like I have, although it doesn't last 3.5 weeks! Her tongue also gets tingly, but mine hasn't been like that so I don't think it's something I'm eating. At least I hope not, because I have a secret feeling that it could be tomatoes or wheat. That would totally suck!
I went to my new family doctor today (sorry, Rach, apparently I can't count you because you're actually in my family!).
Either way, my new doctor prescribed a few things and then said she'd meet with me again in a few weeks, which is actually in about four weeks, which sucks, because if this is still going on, I'm going to scratch my skin off! She also mentioned something about having blood work done and checking something that has to do with my liver and/or thyroid.
Speaking of my new doctor... she sprang this on me. "Let's go ahead and do a Pap today!" What? Are you kidding me? I've never done THAT with anyone but a Gyno! But, no, she wasn't kidding... let me tell you this, I do NOT miss that!
Other than the whole Pap experience, I think I'll like this doctor and hopefully she'll figure out what the heck is wrong with me!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Allery to tomatoes or wheat would be a real tragedy but I doubt that all of a sudden you are allergic to them when you've eaten them all your life.
Maybe it's your new kitten, havent you had her about 3 weeks or so?