July 13, 2009

Last week I lost more than 10% of my weight!!!

I don't know how it happened, because my whole family and extended family was here and we ate a lot of food, but somehow, when I went to my WW meeting, I was in tears when I found out that I had lost over 10% of my weight since starting WW! I'm so excited!!!

It's definitely been motivating to lose more weight, when I'm still losing it! I actually had stopped counting my points, but have been pretty careful on my portions and I've actually been quite active, even though I haven't been to my 5:45 a.m. step class at the Y in a week and a half!
Don't worry, I'm going back!

I do, however, want to share this blog that I've found recently! I was looking for a recipe for red potato salad and came across this blog that is so amazing! Not only the pictures and the good writing style that this person has, but I'm telling you, that her recipes are amazing! AMAZING! I took the red potato salad recipe from her blog and made that for the family, and they loved it. I also made the blueberry cream pie from her blog and they loved that too (and they're both delicious and light!)

This afternoon, I decided to try this recipe for eggplant Parmesan and it turned out so good! You can find that recipe here: Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes

I also have her blog saved on the right side of my blog, if you want to keep tabs on what's new!

Either way, I'm loving my new not-quite-skinny-but-on-the-way-to-be-close-to-skinny bod!!!

6 comments:

Elle J said...

YOU ROCK!!! So proud of you!

Tina in CT said...

That's a great milestone and congrats! Being engaged and losing are great motivators.

I'll check out the recipes and maybe my daughter can make some when she is here w/the girls.

Tina in CT said...

I went to her site and will definitely steer Tamara to it and ask her to make the eggplant parm and baby red potato salad. She hates mayo so she'll like this salad and hope the girls will too.

Thanks for blogging about Gina's site. I saved it as a favorite.

Rachael said...

Way to go Francie! Now, if you could just motivate me to get going...

Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! It seems the more you accomplish, the more it encourges you to keep going! . . . and that's a great feeling.

Thanks for the link to Gina's food site. She makes some yummy looking dishes. Can't wait to try the Baby Red Potato Salad. Hungry NOW . . . (-;

~ PattiLynn

Lori said...

That eggplant lasagna was so good, I liked it better than any other I've made, and I couldn't tell at all that it was low fat.
Good job on the 10% wt loss! If I had only done wt watchers with you I might be to my goal by now.