March 22, 2007

So, I went to the dentist this morning, and...

I had to get up at 6 a.m. to get to the dentist for a 7 a.m. appointment, which was poorly planned for one that got the entire day off work! It was pretty warm this morning, but thundering and lightning and raining so much that a few times when I was actually able to see the road, the yellow line was running underneath the center of my car... kinda scary.
The dentist did something to me that I've never had done before, he measured my gums, which of course hurt really bad, but was a pretty interested thing to hear the 2,3,2,3,2,3,4,3,4,2,4... etc. (2's and 3's are good, but the higher you go, the worse). He did tell me that my bones (looking at the x-rays, where the teeth roots are planted into) were strong and healthy like a 16 year old! I also had to fill him in on my parents teeth, as I know it, and mentioned that I have the high gum lines above some of my teeth, like my mom does/did, and he looked at my teeth/bite and said that he could just shave a bit off and it'll fix that problem...
Warning to those who drink pop/soda... my dentist told me this morning that it will disintegrate your teeth... in fact, the worst soda is Mountain Dew (at least it's not Diet Coke!) he said that M.D. is the fastest way to disintegrate your teeth! I told him that I like the 'bubbles' and he said that the bubbles are acid and will swim into the mouth and that bacteria loves it... Makes me think twice about drinking soda... but how can I stop?
So, for any of you that are related to me and have certain issues, add your comments and fill us all in on what could be hereditary...

2 comments:

Lori said...

thats wierd, I went to the dentist too just the other day, first time in 2 years (thats embarrassing) but no cavities! The dentist said I either floss well or have good genetics! (Im not saying which it is)
And someone else I know but will not say his name for privacy reasons LOL! (rhymes with pod) who drinks a lot of mountain dew recently got diagnosed with 3 cavities! Maybe your dentist is on to something.

Shannon said...

Thank goodness It isnt coffee that does that! I can give up soda, but not yet able to consider the coffee issue. I heard that if you have bad dental health that is causes symptoms of depression as well. hmm that should be good reason to avoid soda if it causes MENTAL HEALTH problems. ya know!