March 21, 2007

On the road with American Idol...

So, as most of you know, I tried out for American Idol last September. I drove all the way to Minneapolis, Minnesota "don't ya know" and spent two days/two nights enjoying the whole AI adventure, including shopping for about four hours in the great: Mall of America, eating breakfast in the coolest (and definitely the smallest) restaurant ever, (basically the width of about two escalators and about that long, but not at an up and down angle, obviously; but the cooks made our breakfast right in front of us and I've never had such fluffy "extremely over-hard" eggs before in my life!)
And of course, getting up at the butt crack of dawn, about 4 a.m. and standing in line for about an hour, getting ushered into the stadium, listening to Prince's "1999" song for about half an hour before we sang it for the cameras about 15 times, over and over again at about 6 a.m.
One of the coolest things? Seeing the cute and short "Ryan Seacrest"! Yummy!
I had a bunch of really phenomenal singers sitting next to me, although none of them made it to Hollywood, including one guy from New York with the best character, personality, and voice!
When it came down to it, I sang a country song for the producers and they said, "you have a really nice voice, but it's not what we're looking for this year!" Which, of course, they probably said to everyone else...
If I were to do it again, I wouldn't sing country... maybe "Only fools rush in" by Elvis Presley.
After walking out of the "loser's" door, I caught a cab to my car and drove home... maybe next year.
Well, that's the story, I may add more details later, but just wanted to give you a premise to this very special section: American Idol or Bust!

No comments: