March 30, 2007

Gratification: Finishing a book

Have I mentioned before that finishing a book is one of the most satisfying feelings? It's weird, though, you get into the book, then you don't want to stop, then you finish it with this feeling of completion, then you get sad because your book is over... what do you do then? Start another one right away? Wait for so long between books so you don't get them confused? So you don't make the book you just finished feel like you're over it already? What then? Does it downplay how good the book really was? And then will the new book be worse because the last book was so good? Will they be competing with each other?
This is too much...
I have a passion for books.
But I'm not just going to read any book, just to say that I've read one! I want to read a book and be supportive of the author and have another read it too because I've suggested it and I want them to say, "Wow, Francie, you were right! That book was super satisfying to read!!"
So, to my readers... choose a book, read it, and if it's good, TELL ME!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How bout a list of starter titles for someone who only has a few days a week to actually read? I've already read the ones you posted in the side colum. I'm a quick reader... If its GOOD!!!!

Shannon said...

Just wanted to thank you for sending a few books home with mom. I started the medical thriller last night and I read Little Girls In Blue a few months ago. Dont really have alot of time to read right now at this point in the semester... there is always Sat night right? I hate devoting that time to studying. I should probably read The Joy Luck Club if anything right now as it might help me on my research paper. Let me know what you think in regard to what I already emailed to you.
Thanks again.