March 26, 2007

Francie's book club...

So, I'm reading Step on a Crack from James Patterson (one of the best fiction/drama/suspense/whodunit authors). Patterson also wrote the books that are now movies, such as Kiss the Girls and Along came a spider. Kiss the girls was the first James Patterson book I read as a senior in academy 98-99. Step on a crack is such a page turner that I can't stop thinking about going home for lunch to read my book! Here's the web site if you want to check it out a bit more... http://www.jamespatterson.com/books_stepOnCrack.html
I encourage all of you to read a book... get a book referral from someone, that has book credibility, don't read the cover or what the book is about, and discover the book for yourself, make it come alive in your mind and add yourself as a character if you want!
I want to give someone credit for starting the passion for books in my life... that would be Rachael, my oldest sister. When I was 13 years old, she loaned me 7 books to read; The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan, Thicker Than Water, A Time to Kill - John Grisham, The Select, To Kill a Mockingbird, a Robin Cook book (medical thriller), and a Mary Higgins Clark book... (I'm pretty sure those were the original 7 that got me started reading for the past almost 14 years. Once I read those books, I used to keep tabs of how many and which books I read each year, that year was about 50 to 75. The number declined quite a bit, but I wouldn't have the craving for a book, the way I do now, if it weren't for my sister... Thank you, Rach.
I've got quite a collection of great authors, my latest favorites are James Patterson (here's a biography on Patterson) http://www.barnesandnoble.com/writers/writer.asp?cid=968077&z=y and David Baldacci (here's a biography on Baldacci) http://www.barnesandnoble.com/writers/writerdetails.asp?z=y&cid=881663#bio
Let me know what books you all are reading and what's good. I'll be starting a list of favorites here pretty soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.