February 24, 2009

P.H.A.T. FAT TUESDAY and other fun stuff

Today we had a food day at work and it was great! The "desserts only" idea was a success! There was candy, donuts, brownies, cookies, truffles, cheesecake, and other sugar filled things! We didn't bother with soda because we wanted to make sure there were just desserts, but let me tell you, after a little while, I could have really used a tall glass of milk!
Luckily, it was nice outside and although fairly cold, the sun was out and shining and my friend, Kim and I went outside on our lunch break for a much needed walk in the fresh air.
Last night I was in the mood for baking and made this White Chocolate and Red Raspberry Cheesecake:

I think the fresh raspberries inside the cheesecake made it not as firm as I like my cheesecakes but everyone really loved it and I had to act fast in order to save a piece for Jason.
I also made Cherry Chocolate Fudge that was pretty awesome too!
My friend Kim brought Oreo Truffles which were fantastic and a very delicious grape salad with a cool whip/cream cheese sauce topped with walnuts. Don't worry, I got the recipe! I'll just have to post it later because it's on my work email and I'm at home.

Lately, I've been really on this coupon kick. Thanks to Jason's dad, Ron. So, while most of you already know this, I still have to post about it because I'm just still so excited about it! Just yesterday, I was at the local grocery store and noticed that the vegemeat (vegetarian mean) known as "MorningSt*r F*rms" was on sale! Usually from $4.79 to about $5.19, it was on sale 2 for $7.00! I was so excited and then I strolled down the aisle and noticed an area of brochures for this brand and picked it up and found that in each brochure, there were 5 coupons for $2.00 off EACH! You know what that means? Only $1.50 for each box or bag of this vegemeat! Let me tell you, that is a fantastic deal! Oh! And I went back today and got more and noticed more coupons for Kashi frozen food and there was a vegetarian meal that is usually about $4.19, then on sale for $2.99 then their brochure had a $2.00 off coupon! Yup! Only 99 cents! What a deal! I haven't tried it yet, but I got all four of the vegetarian kind that they had and I'm going to take them to work and have them for lunch! What a deal!
Well, I guess that's it. I grabbed a whole pile of coupons, so if you want me to, I may be able to spare some since they don't expire until September 1st of this year. (Can you tell that I'm super excited about this???)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

The cheesecake looks good!

Now that you've celebrated Fat Tuesday, though, I think you have to observe Lent.

Tina in CT said...

I love raspberries and cheesecake. What a combination! Looks delicious!

Now the dieting begins....

I never find such great coupons.

Lori said...

A meal of desserts sounds too ruch for me, but the cheesecake looks really good.
I think I will go pick up some vegemeat today.