December 22, 2008

What does it look like when it's in single digits?

This is a picture outside my window looking at the cute houses below. I've never seen it like this before, where the snow blows through the screen and there's no in between the screen and the window! Here you can tell there's about 10 inches or so of snow from the bottom of the window (the roof on the front porch is just outside this window). It's kinda cool, actually! And I've been keeping my house mighty toasty!!!
Here's a picture of a stop sign while I was on my way to work... so, does this mean that I wouldn't get a ticket if I didn't stop at this sign, since technically it cannot be viewed???
Okay, so I did slow down, but didn't quite stop (on purpose) because for some reason, if I actually stop and then had to go, I'd slide all over, but since no one was coming, I just kinda did that "California" stop that I learned so well when I lived there! Ha-ha!!! Yesterday it was -2 degrees outside, but with the windchill it was about -19 degrees... no wonder it felt so cold outside! I had to run to Michael's to get some yarn for some neck-warmer presents, and when I made it home, I stayed there!


This is a picture of a tree in the courtyard in the middle of my work building. There's so much snow!

Looks kinda cool! As long as I don't have to drive in the stuff!

6 comments:

Elle J said...

Oh my, BRRRR!! So, is the entire U.S.A. covered in white?! :) This is fantastic, as long as we all stay safe and warm during our holiday travels. Loved your pictures!

Natalie said...

Single digits looks so cold!! I think I'll stay right here in NY where they have double digits!! All 19 of them! We are definitely going to have a white Christmas! I cant hardly wait!

Tina in CT said...

If you were at work, then you had to drive. I stayed in on Fri. and Sun. except to shovel. We got quite a bit of snow over the 3 day period. It's beautiful here.

Francie said...

Yes, Tina, I had to drive in that stuff today, just don't like it! There have been quite a lot of deaths due to weather conditions on the highway we all use around here about 3 miles away, and it's been very scary! I've been sticking to the back roads as much as possible!

Tina in CT said...

The highways are usually plowed better but the drawback is the speed that people drive. I also prefer the backroads during bad weather. Fortunately for me, my commute is all backroads.

Lori said...

Way to capture the blizzard like weather we're having.