December 23, 2008

Hodge-Podge!

I've been meaning to blog about a few things, but for some reason have been so busy lately, so I'm taking my lunch break to post and write about what's been going on lately!Last week at work, we had these "Reindeer Games" and contests throughout the entire week. One of the days, we had a food eating contest/relay. I started with a cup of marshmallows... it was terrible! They kept sticking to the inside of my mouth! I ended up stuffing my mouth three times and then drinking water and they squished down my throat. Gross. I know. But it was worse actually doing it! The next guy had to drink a huge cup of egg-nog. Then came the lady above, Tammy. She had to eat an entire half of a fruit cake! GROSS! She ended up drinking almost 3 bottles of water during that time, trying to get it all down! The next guy had to eat an entire frozen pint of ice cream and it ended with 5 saltine crackers and a half a cup of peanut butter. We lost. But it was pretty fun!On Friday, we had the snowman decorating contest. This is our teams snow-woman. AND WE FINALLY WON! I think it was mostly the fact that it was in 3-D... But also for the fact that we had a box of white stuffing and this sign!

Oh, the other day I was looking for Christmas presents for Jason and was at Kohl's. They had a rack of NFL Team Apparel for the Lions and the Bears right next to each other with this sign. At first, I was really excited about the 50% off sale! But upon closer inspection, noticed that it was for the Lion's stuff only! Ha-ha! Way too funny to not take a picture... I hope my brother-in-law sees this picture! (That would be Adam!)
Last weekend, Rachael, Katya, and I headed to Chicago and ate some awesome food, (and I mean, this was the best food! Thanks, Rach!) then we headed to the American Girl store. Man, was it cold out! While we were walking, we came across a few signs like this! "Falling Ice"! I took a quick peak above me and noticed that we were walking below some mighty giant and tall buildings! Wow, would that hurt!We then headed to one of Rachael's friends house for a get-together for kids to make ginger bread houses! With Katya's creative mind and my assistance, she came up with a really cool house with a snow-woman with a pink skirt, a yellow neck warmer and two pink wrist warmers, as well as the forest of trees surrounding the place! Great job!!!

I'm almost done... don't worry! This morning I came to work and found this cute little set of boxes on my desk! I was about to open it, but took a quick picture first. It had all kinds of yummy goodness inside like chocolate covered stuff and pretzels and some other delicious candy's! I opened the card and saw that it was from three of my cube-friends that work just a little ways away, but are not on our team. I went over there to say thanks, and they told me that they gave it to me because I'm always including them with our gatherings and events and saying hi and stuff! Isn't that just so sweet! It just made my day! Thanks Lisa, Candy, and Gina!!!

Oh, I almost forgot! I tried out for this musical "Ragtime" and got the call last night from the director that he wants me to be in the play! I'm not an actor, but I can sing, and he mentioned that he absolutely loves my voice! I'm not sure what role I'll be playing (not one of the major ones) but I'm sure excited! The play is in April sometime... I'll keep y'all posted!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

You got the part?! That's so great! We will have to try to get tickets to see your performance. Can't wait!

Thanks for coming with me to Chicago.

Tina in CT said...

I LOVE going to American Girl and can't wait for our day there when Tami and the girls are here the first week of January.

The marshmellow snowlady your team made is cute as is Katya's decorated graham cracker house and snowlady.

Can't say I'd like to be part of that eating race. Yuk!

Have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow and Thursday with all your family in MI!

Tina in CT said...

Also, congrats on being in Ragtime. Should be lots of fun for you.

Tina in CT said...

I'm sure you'll be at Rachel's tonight and tomorrow. Have a good time.

Lori said...

Even though you say it was gross, you definitely got the best leg of the food relay. I wouldn't have eaten the other stuff, not only does it sound nasty, but what a waste of calories.

Cool about the play.

THat restraunt you guys went to IS good. I have eaten there a few times when I've been in Chicago being that it is so close to the condo.