March 24, 2009

Baby on the way!

I can't believe I slept so soundly, but I missed the 4:13 a.m. call this morning and finally woke for the 5:15 a.m. call from Rachael and she told me to get to the hospital. Lori had just had her epidural. Well, to me, that meant that she was going to push and that I might miss it! So, I'm running around in my apartment trying to throw on some clothes and hurrying up, then a got in my car and raced the whole one mile to the hospital. I had to go through the ER because the front of the hospital is closed until a little later. So, I go in the ER and I'm like "I need to get up to OB" and the nurses in triage just looked at me like I was crazy, then told me to talk to the security guard. I looked for a security guard and couldn't find him and all this time I thought Lori was actively pushing. So, I finally had to name drop. "Look, I'm sure you all know my sister Lori, because she works here, but she's having her baby, and I'm the photographer, and I need to get up there now!" So, one of the ladies decided to get me up there, so I went through the ER and she showed me which elevators to go up. She left me there, and I waited for the elevators, then she came back around the corner and told me that I had to go up a different set of elevators. I started running down the hallway to the other set of elevators, finally made it, went up to the room and here I am, out of breath, hair sticking to my forehead, and exhausted, and she wasn't even pushing yet! Oh, and yes, it's been about 2 hours and still nothing! But I'm super excited!!! I can't wait for Baby Bella to come! (And hopefully it's fairly soon, so I can still be on time for work at 9:30, but I did call my Manage and left a message for her letting her know that I was in the hospital, waiting for my sister to have her baby.) Will keep you all posted! Check other blogs too, just in case!!!

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I saw the news this morning at 7:00on your mother's blog, left her a message, went over to Rachel's blog and left here a message. I'm at work checking for an update and just saw your blog update. Please, keep us readers updated. I'm sure your mother is anxious to get to MI and the car will be packed to capacity with baby things, canned fruits and veggies, a cooler full of frozen food and grape juice, maple syrup and whatever else she is bringing.

Elle J said...

How exciting Auntie!!! I can not wait to see your photos and read the stats. A perfect day for your family. :)

Tina in CT said...

I just saw your mother's latest update. Congrats on being an aunt again.

Glad to read that all went well, that Lori did not have a long labor and that Isabella is a good size and healthy.

Hope you got lots of good pictures.

Tina in CT said...

Your mom just emailed me and told me to go to her blog. I think Isabella looks like Anthony. Does she in person? She is precious. I bet you took the pictures and emailed them to your mom who uploaded them right away to her blog. Isn't the Internet fantastic?

Elle J said...

Congratulations, Auntie Francie!! How exciting. Your niece (via your sister's blog) is beautiful and Lori looks amazing! I can't wait to read your story and see your pictures. What an incredible day for you!!!

Lori said...

I guess I snuck in the back entrance with my badge and walked down the long hallway while having contractions for nothing. I was trying to avoid alerting everyone in the ER that I was in labor.
Oh well, it's all fine, I already called down there to let them know.
You were quite entertaining this morning. At least you didn't come armed with breakfast like last time.

Shannon said...

I can't believe I live in NY and not there. I miss so much excitement. Glad you made it on time.