March 14, 2010

Custom-Home-Made Living Room Curtains!

There was much need for some living room curtains. After Rachael and I searched for over an hour for fabric at Jo-ann's and not finding anything, Natalie was able to go with me to Fields to find the perfect fabric. It wasn't something I would've chosen, but after discussing what would go great with what I have and whatever I may choose as future furniture, we found the fabric!
Natalie and I worked on getting the fabric cut this morning, then she had to leave to go home, so I worked on getting them pinned, sewed, and complete... and no, I've never made curtains before! Jason and I headed to Kohl's to get a curtain rod, but they only have them online and no in stores, so we headed to Jo-ann's and found one that was on sale! Yay! He started hanging them, while I finished the curtains and ironed them.Rocco's found another hiding place!
And here's a close-up of the yellow-ish fabric with cream and dark brown accents. Perfect!

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Very pretty pattern and you did a great job.

Lori said...

They look great, are they supposed to hang on the floor?

Francie said...

I'm not sure if I'll keep them on the floor like that, but I wanted to hang them and I actually like it like that! Doesn't it make the room taller though! I'm so happy I have the curtains! Makes it look so home-y-like!

Cecelia said...

They are very pretty, but are you sure you want to leave them that long? Did you line them?

Natalie said...

they look good. Just a little long. But that seems to be the style. so as long as you dont ,mind explainging that that was intentional...lol.

Natalie said...

mom - OF COURSE she lined them. you taught us better than that!

Francie said...

You guys! The length WAS intentional! But if you all think it would look better shorter, I can try that and see what it looks like... and YES, mom! We know all about lining them and making sure it looks nice from the outside of the house! Haha!

Rachael said...

They look great! I'd have to see them in person to say for sure, but I think they might look better if they came just to, but didn't touch the floor. The pattern is perfect! So glad you held out and didn't get the stuff from JoAnns.