March 8, 2010

Vegas!

Vegas Day 1:
We flew into Vegas in the early afternoon on Sunday.
I was lucky enough to sit in the middle of this couple, Bob and Lois, celebrating their 14th wedding anniversary. He likes the window seat, she likes the aisle. So I sat in the middle! Luckily, they were in the front row of the entire plan and I was one of the last few to enter the airplane. They were very entertaining! Oh! And "technically" they've only been married for three years because they married on February 29th! They could definitetly understand the coolness of me and Jason getting married on 10.10.10!
We had to take two taxis to the hotel, which wasn't too far from the MGM. Not much to see on the way either.
This is me and my friend Karlee.
After arriving, there were about six of us girls that flew together, we all decided to eat together in one of the many restaurants in the hotel, then Karlee and I ventured out after dark to see what Vegas was all about.
We didn't get that far. I ended up going to bed shortly after 8:15 p.m. Vegas time (11:15 my time!)

Vegas Day 2: But I made up for it, by getting up at 4 a.m. Vegas time and walking around the strip!
Yes, they're slanted!
Ready for our first day at the "show"!
When the work day ended, the night life began and we explored! This is Cassandra and me.
There were a lot of bridges over the road so we didn't have to jay-walk. A good thing.

Vegas Day 3:
I wanted to check out all the wedding chapels, but hadn't seen one yet! Then, on the way to work on the last day, I realized that we had been walking by the MGM Forever Grand Chapel the whole time! I wasn't able to go in, but it still looked pretty cool.
Here some of us are, ready for our day of work.
After work, I was able to check out the lions in the lobby of our hotel. They were so cute! There were three of them, and they looked just like my cat Rocco, only bigger!
I had Natalie in mind, when I saw this Cafe, and had to go in! Lucky me, they had a CHOPPER CHAPEL inside!
After checking out the chopper chapel, we went to eat at PF Changs then wondered around, checking out the hotels, the fountains, my favorite, the Belagio, we went up the Paris tower, rode the roller coaster and just had a blast!Nat? You think your little baby would want to wear this?
And check out this meat locker from the New York, New York!
And of course, the wedding dress... so beautiful!

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What a great place to have a business trip. Great pics.

My girlfriend is surprising her husband and taking him there for his 60th birthday next week.

I was there when we drove from CT to CA when my ex was going to go for his Master's at UC Berkeley and we spent two days in LV. I wouldn't recognize it now.

I'm sure you are having a ball.

Boy, do you look like your mother in those pictures.

Elle J said...

Even though we do not gamble or drink, I loved our anniversary trip to Vegas! We stayed off the strip at Lake Las Vegas, but spent an entire day/night walking the strip and it was so much fun, and we still didn't see it all. HAVE FUN!!!

Natalie said...

looks like you ahd a good time! Love the little elvis outfit. so cute.

Lori said...

Good pics, that is pretty funny that the couple didn't want to sit next to each other on the plane. Todd and I always used to pick window and isle seats in hopes that the middle would go untaken, but if it ever did we would always trade with them.