August 17, 2009

Vacation Time! Oops, I mean "Work Time!"

It was a long day, yesterday. We left for the Chicago airport around 9 and made it into Orlando about 4 p.m. Since we didn't have anything planned until the 7 p.m. Beach Party I decided to talk a walk around.This is the shot from the cab. I thought everyone in the cab-bus would make fun of me for taking the picture, but as soon as I took the picture, they were all like "oh! Nice!" ha-ha... I know they wish they thought of it!When I reserved my room, I requested the highest floor I could and a king size bed. As you can see I got the bed and if you look below, you can see I got a pretty high room too! Sweet!This is part of the view from my room, facing the Swan hotel. It's a pretty sweet view too!

I decided to take a walk on the "Boardwalk" and they had these cute Surreys with fringe on top! If I weren't by myself, I would've wanted to go biking in one of these!
They have a boat that goes around to the boardwalk, Epcot, Disney and a bunch of other places and it's free, so I decided to try it out. They have a cute little Lighthouse:
I can't tell you how many times I had "Under the boardwalk" stuck in my head! (...down by the sea...)!
There you can see another boat, like the one I was on and behind is the hotel I'm staying in!
It was really hot and humid, so I stopped to get an ice cream! And yes, I'm sticking to my diet as much as possible, but I just had to have one! So, I go in the store and I asked the guy if the sherbet or the light soft serve was lower in fat and he advised me to try the low-fat Oreo cookie soft serve, and then I was trying to figure out if I should have the cone or a cup, and he said the cup would be better, and I asked "better than a cone?" And he replied, quite matter-of-fact by-the-way "well... you aren't going to eat the cup, now... are you?" It was so funny! Because it was pretty logical!

Just a cute shot of the benches.

Oh! And a teaser: Since I have to get ready to work now, I'll have to post a couple of pictures from last night's beach party because I got a picture with the MAYTAG MAN! WA-HOO! Oh, and yes, I did act like a crazed fan! Oh, well!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Remember when we all did the surreys in Washington? Was that for your graduation or Nats? Remember how we were all laughing because we couldn't pedal uphill, "legs. don't. work." lol.

Have a fun couple of days!

Cecelia said...

Looks like the company set you up first class all the way!

Elle J said...

Awww Disney!! I could never tire of that place (although only been to the one in CA, someday we'll get to the FL one). Weather okay in your part of FL ~ hearing on the news of the tropical storm/hurricane?

Those surreys are hard!! Glad you didn't go on solo.

Funny cone vs cup story! Enjoy your trip.

Tina in CT said...

Tough work you have!!!! The White Swan even!!!! Have a great vacation. Oh, I meant business seminar.

Hope the storm that I'm hearing about on the TV news is not hitting you.

Looking forward to more posts and pictures.

Lori said...

I was laughing about your ice cream story, that is so like you, I can just imagine what that guy was thinking?
Anyway I'm glad your sticking to your diet on vacation, good for you, I know that must be so HARD!
Seeing your pics makes me want to go to Disney World!