August 17, 2009

Updates to come later with pictures, but for now...

I'm super tired from today's exhausting craze of events! Because my camera's battery is flashing in red, I'll have to post pictures later, but here's a rundown of events:
I got up to work out at 6 a.m. and it was absolutely beautiful to see the barely lit sky with palm trees blowing in the easy breeze (not a hurricane breeze, knock, knock) and the small slit of the moon shining just above the north star (I think it was the north star, but not sure). Then I was able to go get breakfast consisting of grits, fruit, and a yogurt. Total cost to my work? $19 something! Yes, even I wonder why they let me have a credit card! Ha! We worked from 9 a.m. to just after 6 p.m. today at the convention and it was pretty wild! Besides having the coldest temperature in the place, it wasn't too bad! They served an awesome spread for lunch, consisting of salad, soups, bread, fried chicken, some other kind of meat, and macaroni, oh, and tables and tables of dessert! I somehow had the strength to eat a plateful of salad and barely half a role. And yes, weight watchers is non-existent here.
We ended up going to dinner at one of the fancy restaurants here in the hotel, which I'll have to tell you about later, with pictures, but it was awesome! Definitely a first for me! They really catered to my vegetarian needs, and I swear the chef must have been a vegetarian, because for someone to make the food for me, the way he did, and not know what it's like, would be incredible! I haven't had something like this before IN MY LIFE! IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!
After dinner, we all went for a nice little humid walk outside and someone had the idea to see how many of us could fit in one of those photo booths. Apparently, only five and maybe to fingers for bunny ears. Unfortunately, the only pictures we got, were the ones I took of those five trying to squish themselves inside this little box, because after the "pictures" were taken and everyone piled out of the hut, we realized that the nice little heart shaped picture inside the Disney characters on the print out, was just fuzz! Yes! That's right! A Disney character framed heart with fuzz in the middle! We were all laughing so hard, I had tears rolling down my face!
Alright, I need to go to bed so I can work out again in the a.m.
Goodnight for now!

Oh, and I got another picture with Clay - the Maytag repair man! Boo-yah!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You all were working too hard. How about some water time or going into the theme park?

Hope the storms escape you.

It's very humid, hot and buggy here. It's going to hit 94 today. This is Day 4 of the heat wave in CT. Hate it.

Francie said...

Yeah, it's hot and humid here too, however at night or in the afternoons the winds pick up and help ease the pain of the hot/sticky heat. Oh! And I've worked out two days in a row in the fitness center and they keep the temperature at 70 degrees! It's crazy!

Lori said...

Sounds like hard work, I hope you gt paid for that trip!
What did that chef make for you?